My first encounter with a blogging award happened yesterday when Blondeusk (Lucy) over at Blondewritemore nominated me for a Liebster blogging award!
I’d like to start with a thank you. It’s always amazing to hear people like my blog 🙂 Then to the more ‘official matters.’
Here are the rules for this award:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you
- Make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION
Here are my answers to Blondeusk’s questions:
1. Where do you get your creative inspiration from?
Anywhere really. From other books, blogs, music, nature, photographs, movies… The inspiration can come from anywhere, anytime, but if I’m specifically looking for it I usually try music.
2. How often do you blog?
I publish a new post three times a week (Wednesday, Friday, Sunday).
3. What motivates you?
In writing, I usually get motivated by, well, writing. I love writing so I try to motivate myself by reminding me how much I like it when I get on the flow. If (when) that fails, I try to motivate myself by looking at my previous works and reading other people’s books.
4. Why did you start blogging?
To share my thoughts, I suppose. It’s also great practice for writing and I don’t have that many (any) writer friends so I figured I might find some out here.
5. What is your favourite quote?
Tough one! But one of my favorites is When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people, not characters. A character is a caricature by Ernest Hemingway.
6. Describe yourself in three words?
Tougher one! But I have managed to do this on my Twitter account so stealing from there: Writer, gamer, blogger.
7. If you were a famous brand – what brand would you be and why?
Probably Coca Cola because I drink their stuff so much.
8. When was the last time you got angry?
I don’t remember the last time I was properly angry (in the screaming, furious kind of way). As for when I was last super irritated and sulked because something was annoying, might have been a few days ago at the news. Or when I realized the things I was planning on buying were permanently out of stock. Little annoyances, really.
9. What is your star sign? Are you like your star sign?
Virgo. Depending on the description, I’m either like it or not like it at all. Most of them say Virgos are clean and organized and nit-picky but if you look at my desk… err, nope. Some say I’m loyal and care deeply about my relationships, which is true. So I guess I’m sort of 50-50?
10. If you could go back in time where would you go?
Probably ancient anywhere. It’d be interesting to really see what things were like so long ago. Oh, maybe I’d go back to Scotland in the time period of Disney’s Brave! I mean, wisps and magic and all that stuff existed back then, right?
I’m only going to nominate 5 bloggers. But I also nominate everyone who reads this! So go ahead and answer the questions in the comments, I’d love to hear from you.
The bloggers I nominated are:
Briony of Fear of the reaper – Because of all the lists of randomly funny things
JD of The happy typewriter – Because of the honesty and obvious love for writing
Leah of Nothing Gold Can Stay – Because of the poems and the tagline “Hope is not found in a way out but a way through”
Aino of The Writing Days – Because who doesn’t want a nice, cozy breakroom?
Jane of Fluency – Because of all the rants and poems
And here are my questions:
- How many books have you read so far this year?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- If you could only recommend one book, what would it be?
- Congratulations, you just won the jackpot in a lottery! First thing you do?
- Would you rather go 200 years into the past or into the future and why?
- If you could choose one person (alive or dead), who would you want to meet?
- When was the last time you were excited about something?
- Describe yourself in three words!
- At what time of day are you usually most creative?
- What’s your next blogging related goal?
7 thoughts on “Chapter 47 – Liebster Award”
Whoop whoop! Great answers! Well done 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] back, I’m not so great of keeping track of time these days (must be the old age kicking in). Niina, over at Northern Chapters, was wonderfully kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award […]
Sorry this took longer than planned, but I finally ocmpleted the challenge. My response is here http://fearofthereaper.com/2015/05/12/liebster-award/ Thanks again for the nomination!
You’re welcome, I’ll check out your post now!
Thank you so much for nominating me! I’ll get working on this now so I can post in a day or two (ugh, it took me longer than I expected to get back on track with everything blogging related). 🙂
You’re welcome! Looking forward to your answers 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person