Happy Midsummer! Time for some midsummer magic, yes?
Oh and I hope the weather is better where you are. We’re enjoying heavy rain over here, I just thought the happy face of my dog would give you all a more summer-y vibe.
But here we go:
- On Midsummer Eve, tie three threads (black, red and blue) into straws. In fall, check which straw is the longest. If it’s the black one, it brings sorrow. Red one brings joy, and blue one brings luck.
- To see your future spouse, you have to sit on a rock in the middle of a rapid, naked except for a band of straws as a belt.
- To also see your future spouse, gather 13 flowers and put them under your pillow on Midsummer Eve. You’ll see your future spouse in your dreams. (Another variation is to gather 7 different flowers from 7 different fields.)
- To see future things in general, you’ll have to sleep in a place you haven’t slept in before and gather three branches from three different trees and put them under your pillow.
- On Midsummer, blue fire burns over treasures.
Any Midsummer magic where you’re from?